Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Just Some of MY Great Outdoors

I LOVE having a garden of my own. I LOVE having the kids roam free and wide. I have an elderly lady that lives down the road who is the same age as both my grandmother(s)...she is an avid gardener and likes to come and visit and walk through my garden. She doesn't understand why I can't "just plant in rows", and "keep things weeded", and "why, oh why do you have to use all that mulch everywhere". I think she is just trying to be helpful...

This is one of my rosebushes that Joseph bought me for my birthday last year. Aila just ripped off all the blooms last night.

.

And this is inside my little greenhouse...should be getting tomatoes anytime now...



And this is right near our front door. That is all the lawn that I want to ever have. It only takes about ten minutes of maintenance per week and I just use a human powered push reel mower. It is just enough, but not too much.



And this is a section of my wildflower garden. It is in FULL bloom now...I've got to go take another picture...QUICK!

1 comment:

  1. Have you had a chance to read that book I told you about? The Self Sufficient life and How to Live it. You are already doing so much of it!

    ReplyDelete