Monday, August 9, 2010

Long Time Coming.

I know...I'm slow. I am finally posting something. We've been trying to get more organized and "structured" around here. So far it's been great. We've had time for the important things, the kids are helping out, things look slightly more clean and less cluttered, and everyone is getting more sleep. I hope it lasts for more than a few days.

Here are a few pictures of some stuff that's been going on.


Here we are at the County Fair this last weekend. I love going to the fair because we get a free Sloppy Joe lunch. I go almost anywhere for free food. Aila was just enamored with this horse. Whenever she saw it she went running toward it with obvious excitement.



This is Aila and our newest kitten. She loves it...(Just in case you were wondering, yes, it is really hard for me to keep my kids clean.)



And this our newest addition to our chicken flock. I know it is kind of hard to see, but there is a little chick there. Just one chick hatched out of the clutch-the last living descendant of Crazy Rooster Head (you know-the rooster with the top hat feathers). He was killed about a month ago by a raccoon (we think that's what it was).


And these are our little pigs who have doubled in size since we got them a month or so ago. We've been feeding them spoiled produce from the local grocery store and we also have them in a movable pen where they can eat all the clover we have planted. We plan on keeping them as a breeding pair and selling the babies in the spring. All I know is that I don't want to eat them. Joseph asked me again today if we wanted milk goats and I almost thought we should for a minute there. Then I thought about it...ummm...no thanks. Then I'd get addicted to milk again.



Hmmm...none of that sounds very exciting, but we've been staying busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment