Monday, March 8, 2010

Shooty, shooty, bang bang.


















I was extremely intimidated when a .22 rifle was brought home one evening. I was told I needed to learn how to use it. I was NOT excited. So when Joseph went out with Garrison and said for me to meet him out there in a few minutes, I feigned sleep...then I pretended to be sick...the baby needed changing...okay...no more excuses. I went out to see what was happening since I hadn't heard any shots. Cool...it's not even loud(very much). All right...I watched Garrison shoot it once and it didn't knock him over, so I gave it a go. It was actually fun! I hit my target on every shot (since it was only 15 feet away)...maybe this will be a good way to butcher my chickens when I need to. Or at least I can keep the jackrabbits out of my garden this year. I wonder if I could shoot that crazy chipmunk who keeps stealing all of our strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment